MPU wegen Alkoholdelikt auf E-Scooter – erstmalige Beantragung des Führerscheins

vivek

Neuer Benutzer
Hello everyone
my name is Vivek and I have a situation where I am so confused and stressed that I don't know what to do anymore :(

I hope someone can give me advice who has been through a similar situation.

I moved to Germany in 2019 (due to work from India) and stayed at home for the most part shortly after the lockdown.
When lockdown was lifted for a night of socializing with new friends, I drank far more than the limit and was caught drunk riding an e-scooter in 2022.
----------
A BAC level of 1.8% was detected and I was caught falling off the e-scooter at around 3.00am before a police check

Since then, I have paid a fine of 1200 euros, as ordered in a letter from a lawyer. and waited another year.
In June 2023, I applied for a new category B197 driver's license, as I had never had one in Germany before.

I never received a response from the driver's license authority as to whether my application would be processed, but after a year of waiting and calling, I received a letter from them asking me to create an MPU in order to be able to get a new driver's license.
---------
As of 05.04.2024, as stated in the letter, I must select an MPU assessment centre within two weeks and complete the entire MPU process by 02.07.2024

In the meantime, I did some research and spoke with TUV Nord course etc to find out how to pass the test successfully.

The answers are mixed and I'm so confused about what to do.

My main question is whether proof of abstinence (6-12 months) is required in my case.

This doesn't make sense because the driver's license department didn't give me enough time to provide medical proof that I no longer drink alcohol.

What should I do now? I have no choice but to book the test and show up for my MPU, as I only have three months left.

Please someone guide me, I don't know the law of the land :(

Zuletzt bearbeitet:

vivek

Neuer Benutzer
Hallo zusammen
Mein Name ist Vivek und ich habe eine Situation, in der ich so verwirrt und gestresst bin, dass ich nicht mehr weiß, was ich tun soll :(

Ich hoffe, jemand kann mir einen Rat geben, der eine ähnliche Situation durchgemacht hat.

Ich bin 2019 (wegen der Arbeit aus Indien) nach Deutschland gezogen und blieb kurz nach dem Lockdown größtenteils zu Hause.
Als der Lockdown für eine Nacht voller geselliger Treffen mit neuen Freunden aufgehoben wurde, trank ich weit mehr als das Limit und wurde 2022 beim Fahren eines E-Scooters betrunken erwischt.
----------
Es wurde ein BAC-Wert von 1,8 % festgestellt und ich wurde vor einer Polizeikontrolle gegen 3.00 Uhr morgens beim Sturz vom E-Scooter erwischt

Seitdem habe ich eine Strafe von 1200 Euro gezahlt, wie in einem Anwaltsschreiben angeordnet. und wartete ein weiteres Jahr.
Im Juni 2023 habe ich einen neuen Führerschein der Klasse B197 beantragt, da ich in Deutschland noch nie einen gehabt hatte.

Von der Führerscheinbehörde erhielt ich nie eine Antwort, ob mein Antrag bearbeitet würde, aber nach einem Jahr des Wartens und Anrufens erhielt ich einen Brief von dort, in dem ich gebeten wurde, eine MPU zu gründen, um einen neuen Führerschein bekommen zu können Lizenz.
---------
Ab dem 05.04.2024 muss ich, wie im Schreiben angegeben, innerhalb von zwei Wochen ein MPU-Assessment-Center auswählen und den gesamten MPU-Prozess bis zum 02.07.2024 abschließen

In der Zwischenzeit habe ich einige Nachforschungen angestellt und mit TUN Nord Kurs usw. gesprochen, um herauszufinden, wie ich den Test erfolgreich bestehen kann.

Die Antworten sind gemischt und ich bin so verwirrt darüber, was ich tun soll.

Meine Hauptfrage ist, ob in meinem Fall ein Absinense-Nachweis (6-12 Monate) erforderlich ist.

Das macht keinen Sinn, weil mir die Führerscheinbehörde nicht genügend Zeit gegeben hat, den ärztlichen Nachweis zu erbringen, dass ich keinen Alkohol mehr trinke.

Was sollte ich jetzt tun? Mir bleibt nichts anderes übrig, als den Test zu buchen und zu meiner MPU zu erscheinen, da ich nur noch drei Monate Zeit habe.

Bitte führt mich jemand, ich kenne das Gesetz des Landes nicht

Thomas F.

Erfahrener Benutzer
I guess to try now the MPU is a waste of money.
You should draw back the application of the driving licence and get better prepared.
You need time and money, lots of money
You should search for legitmated medical center to assign eihter for a urin control programm or (on my opinion) better for hair analysis.
An example is the company Synlab, they have test centers in many places:

With hair analysis you can do checks 3 month backwards, if you do not drink.
And you need for the MPU an offical translator, not only a guy who speaks both languages. As usual the MPU guys will speak english, but will not do the MPU in english.
The driving licence department is not helpful, for any questions about the MPU or abstinence time or paper. They just ask for the MPU or your driving license application will be negated.
Sorry, and good luck for you

vivek

Neuer Benutzer
Yes I can do this as that is the most obvious option. But I need a licence as soon as possible as we are expecting a baby and we simply cannot manage without a car
I am already waiting for more than 2 years for all of this to finish.

What are my chances if I go to MPU without proof of abstinence?

Thomas F.

Erfahrener Benutzer
I guess very low, less than 10%.
The only way is for you, to argue for "KT", controlled drinking, but that is not easy and you have to explain that you pratice this for more then 6 month.
But wait for answers from other users here. Ecspecially Nancy or Max.

Nancy

Super-Moderator und MPU Profi
Teammitglied
Administrator
Hallo vivek,

it depends entirely on the depth of the problem with alcohol as to whether “controlled drinking” is still possible in your case.

You should urgently contact a traffic psychologist who can prepare with you in English.

You can find addresses in this list: https://www.bnv.de/Mitglist/member.htm#verkehrspsychologen-mpu-preparation-beratung

Ask in advance whether English preparation is possible.

-------------------------------------
Übersetzung:
Es kommt ganz auf die Tiefe der Problematik mit dem Alkohol an, ob in deinem Fall noch "kontrolliertes Trinken" möglich ist.
Du solltest dich dringend an einen Verkehrspsychologen wenden, der die Vorbereitung mit dir auf englisch machen kann.
Adressen findest du in dieser Liste: s.o. Frage vorab nach ob eine englische Vorbereitung möglich ist.

vivek

Neuer Benutzer
Yes, Thank you for your feedback, appreciate it. i have contacted few places who provide assistance in English. Hopefully i get enough time to prepare before the MPU.

On the other hand, i find this so annoying that Traffic Licence Department did not give me enough time to prepare, prove abstinence and i have only 3 months to complete all of this.

In a normal drunk and drive case with car, i assume people receive a letter of ban and to start MPU preparation so that they start the process early.

In my case (I never had a licence before) no body informed me to at least start preparing for MPU , i had 2 years of time to prove my abstinence :(

Unnötiges Vollzitat des Vorpostings gelöscht *Nancy*

Zuletzt bearbeitet von einem Moderator:

Nancy

Teammitglied
Administrator
Unfortunately, in Germany it is assumed that you take care of the information you need to pass an MPU yourself.
The authority only reacts when an application for a driving license is submitted. :rolleyes:

---------------------------------------
Übersetzung:
Leider wird in Deutschland vorausgesetzt, dass man sich selbst um die Informationen kümmert die man braucht um eine MPU zu bestehen.
Die Behörde reagiert erst, wenn ein Antrag auf Fahrerlaubnis gestellt wird.

vivek

Neuer Benutzer
So , wanted to update this thread for suggestions and reference for others, because i see most of the posts are not updated after MPU is finished. :)

-- i found a English speaking Phycologist (Paid a lot :( ) and she analysed my case and here are the details:
1. as per my past drinking habits, i am classified as A3 and can goto the MPU with controlled drinking.
2. it is not mandatory to provide proof of abstinence
3. as a precaution, i am checking my liver values with my family doctor before going to the MPU just in case if there is anything wrong.
4. My classes are still going on with my phycologist and she recommended to appear for MPU only when the classes are over.

hope everything works as expected :)

Nancy

Teammitglied
Administrator
Hi vivek,

thank you very much for your feedback, and all the best for the MPU. :smiley138:

Oben